Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hello May, You Got Here Rather Quickly

Err... hello there May! Didn't expect to see you here so quickly. Honestly, it's May already? How did that happen?

This week was nothing special. Did some homework, did some procrastinating, the usual. Yesterday was the best day of the week. I went to the park with a few of my friends and we picnic-ed and then lounged in the park for a few hours. Then that evening I went to my friends' double birthday party and it was a blast. I realized last night how many great friends I really have made here and how much I'm going to miss every one of them.
Sadly, this morning I discovered that yesterday the sun got to me. Usually, I can sit in the sun for hours and nothing happens. I know it's still bad, but I don't change colors. Except this time. The backs of both of my legs are terrifically sunburned. Lobster status. And wearing tight jeans last night did not help that at all. Ouch. :( s

Maybe ready-for-home-ness comes in waves. Because recently I've started feeling ready for home again. I'm still doing just fine here, but it's so hard to motivate myself to finish these last weeks of the semester. I know I'll be home soon surrounded by familiar things and the little things here that get on my nerves start to get on my nerves more. I start counting down the days, how many loads of laundry I have left, how many Wednesday classes, how many more days until I can cook and bake in my own kitchen, use a stand up shower, and sleep on my favorite pillow. It's just the little things that are getting to me all around. I still miss people at home, but I know they'll be there and they'll be waiting in 16 days from now for me to arrive at the airport.

Sixteen days seems so short but so long at the same time. Five more days of classes, four days of finals, and one full weekend left. I keep needing to remind myself to live here and now, I'll be home soon enough. And once I'm home I'm sure I'll want to come back here. And someday I really hope I do. For now I need to finish all this homework in a great blast of productivity so that I have nothing to worry about until finals. So, brb, being productive!

4 comments:

  1. We'll be waiting for you at the airport for sure. Will you want some Glutteny in the car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe one or two things. :) I'm sure I'll be hungry but I should eat real food too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Maybe, cause no one wants to cook and I'll be hungry I'm sure.

      Delete